Windows Server 2012 Essentials is Released To Manufactory today! RRS feed

All replies

• Awesome!

Regards,

James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:26 AM
  • I'm interested, but I haven't seen a price for just simple home use yet.. Everything I see is over 400 dollars!
    Friday, October 19, 2012 3:29 PM
  • I'm interested, but I haven't seen a price for just simple home use yet.. Everything I see is over 400 dollars!
    That's the MSRP. When released for purchase on e.g. Newegg it will be less, but probably still a couple of hundred dollars.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Saturday, October 20, 2012 1:44 AM
  • Is this supposed to be the successor to windows home server 2011? Not sure I understand the significance of this in the WHS forum? I haven't heard anything about it (though admittedly I haven't been looking either).

...?

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:17 PM
  • Yes, it is the "successor" to Windows Home Server 2011. It's aimed squarely at small business, with features that they will like. It also includes much of the media functionality of Windows Home Server, for home users and users who use it for both home and home-based businesses.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:04 PM
  • Ken does it have all the backup feature as WHS 2011. Also will it fix the no Audio issue with remote log ins. I have not decided to download and install it to test the features out. I would need anther box to do a test install. If needed I will have to wait for comments on how it works compared to WHS 2011 but I am interested.
    Friday, November 2, 2012 5:37 PM
  • ...does it have all the backup feature as WHS 2011.
    The basic backup system is the same as WHS 2011 but improves on it by allowing backups of >2TB and being able to backup a UEFI/GPT system.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:07 PM
  • thanks Phil

But will it fix the no Audio issue with remote log ins? That is the other big problem I have with WHS2011. If those two problems are fixed I will be able to upgrade and will.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:39 AM
  • fix the no Audio issue with remote log ins?

Start-control panel-administrative tools-remote desktop services-Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration

RDP-tcp- right click properties

client settings uncheck audio and video play back

rdp to server click audio option

Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:23 PM