none
SQL 2012 Exam Sequence RRS feed

• Question

• I have MCITP in sql 2008 - two questions

Can I take the upgrade exams in any sequence?

If I fail an upgrade exam, can I still elect to take the individual exams instead?

Thanks

Monday, August 27, 2012 10:09 PM

Answers

• Yes to both questions. You can even take the upgrade exams before obtaining the certification that is being upgraded.

You can always take the individual exams, both if you fail the upgrade and also if you pass the upgrade (the latter would make you "twice" certified, which is useless, but it could make sense if you are an instructor teaching the courses for those exams and you want to accredit to your students that you have passed the exams yourself).

Monday, August 27, 2012 10:35 PM

All replies

• Yes to both questions. You can even take the upgrade exams before obtaining the certification that is being upgraded.

You can always take the individual exams, both if you fail the upgrade and also if you pass the upgrade (the latter would make you "twice" certified, which is useless, but it could make sense if you are an instructor teaching the courses for those exams and you want to accredit to your students that you have passed the exams yourself).

Monday, August 27, 2012 10:35 PM
  • Thanks for the fast response.   I think taking them once will do for me
    Monday, August 27, 2012 11:16 PM