Cool Automated Help & support panel Works in 2.0.2392.4 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hey Just notice something that wasn't in previous Beta builds the whole help panel never worked it just directed to the online Help.

Now it pops up with the most top 10 topics. If you dig into those topics find your issue there are fix it buttons every where from fixing permissions to resetting day & time settings.

Because these things in account section where I was browsing around might be the issue. the panel working now. in 2.0.2392.4

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 6:28 AM

All replies

• Nice new feature, eh? The team is working hard to automate many solutions from the Help dialog in OneCare - often triggered when an error is encountered. Meaning, you don't need to search Help - if an error happens and the Help System recognizes it and there is a solution available, it will offer to fix it for you!

-steve

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 8:17 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

Nice new feature, eh? The team is working hard to automate many solutions from the Help dialog in OneCare - often triggered when an error is encountered. Meaning, you don't need to search Help - if an error happens and the Help System recognizes it and there is a solution available, it will offer to fix it for you!

-steve

It's new for 2.0 but it's been there since the first 2.0 beta just this newest build has it turned on so it's working. Wloc team turned it on in 2.0.2392.4

Friday, November 2, 2007 11:50 PM
  •  

Hello, so i'm glad to see that you're seeing the OneCare help items coming up in the Beta client. Between now and the launch date we will continue to release new items. However some of them you may not see if you don't actually have the problem. Some of our items always come up since we know that they can help customers troubleshoot common problems, like a service stop and restart; however some only come up when the specific problem is detected so you may not see those. I look forward to hearing your feedback as we deploy more to see how they are working for you. Thanks for the feedback.

-Chela (a.k.a Marisela)

Windows Live OneCare

Saturday, November 3, 2007 12:05 AM