How to add a bank account to portfolio manager? RRS feed

• Question

• My bank account is listed in favorites but not in portfolio manager. Can that be done?
    Monday, February 6, 2012 3:02 PM

All replies

• Bank accounts are not listed in the Portfolio Manager page of Microsoft Money. The balance of an investment cash transactions account is included, so if you were determined, you could perhaps make Money think that your bank account is the cash trasactions account of an investment account. Sounds messy.

It may be that a customized report would help you get a view that would help you.

• Edited by Cal LearnerModerator Monday, February 6, 2012 9:04 PM
    • Proposed as answer by donalan Tuesday, February 7, 2012 8:26 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by donalan Tuesday, February 7, 2012 8:27 PM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 3:39 PM
  • Thanks for taking the time. The possible solution you mentioned sounds messy to me too and I better leave that alone.

No big deal, I just would prefer that my total assets, incl. bank accounts, would somehow be included in my portfolio total, especially since my bank allows me to export all activties into Money.

Thanks again,   gun

Monday, February 6, 2012 7:01 PM
  • You may want to try the Net Worth Over Time report. Customize it as you like, and save the modified report as a favorite if you like. One significant limitation: its data is only monthly at finest resolution. The monthly reports that Money provides are not customizable. They include similar information.

Monday, February 6, 2012 8:31 PM
  • "Account balance" which is customizable gives a Net worth at any moment in time and can include just about anything you want.
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 8:30 PM