Mesh vs Other MS Sync Products RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings!

I guess I have multiple questions.  I've been using Mesh for some time now and I guess it's prompted me to have a few thoughts about other Sync products from Microsoft.

1) What is your intention with Groove? Will it eventually tie to Mesh?  I heard this rumor some where but I don't recall where and I  have no idea if I even heard it 100% correctly.

2) SkyDrive: Wouldn't it be neat to have the ability to provide a link to my SkyDrive to provide my mesh account with more storage space?

3) Linked Mesh Accounts:  Currently my wife also has a mesh account and she has a lot of room I'd love to take advantage of.  It would be neat to give me the ability to "Link" to her (of course her giving me permission to do so) to utilize her storage space.

Mesh has already become a very important component of my life and I sincerely appreciate all your efforts!

Thanks,
    Eric

I was wondering what Microsoft's intent is considering Groove, Skydrive, and others?  I would see the ability to "Connect" my mesh storage to my live Sky Drive to give me more storage space.
    Monday, March 9, 2009 5:29 AM

Answers

• There are many rumors floating about regarding the various "sync" programs that exist on the Microsoft menu. Nothing has been officially announced, but I would suspect that we will see these offerings come together over time. I'm not sure about Groove, though, as that brings functionality to the table that isn't available in the other offerings, but I suppose it wouldn't be difficult to integrate that as well.

You may want to add your "linked Mesh accounts" request to the suggestions on Connect:

Sticky: Live Mesh Beta: Suggestions - Now with voting!

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, March 9, 2009 5:30 PM