Uninstall Office & Install on New PC w/ same license

Question

•  

How do I move the Office 2007 Student Edition I have installed on one PC and install it on another?  I obviously, do not want to use it on the previous PC any longer.  I have the CD and the product key.  The product I purchased came with 3 licenses, which have all been activated.  However, a PC that one of the licenses was activated on is being replaced with a laptop that does not have any version of Office installed on it. 

I know the process of how to uninstall and install the program.  My concern is ensuring the license remains valid during the move.  Logically, if I were to install the software on the laptop I would assume it would tell me that the number of licenses I have available is zero.  So how do I deactivate or move a license between two computers?

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:01 PM

Answers

• 1.  Uninstall your version of Microsoft Office from the old PC.

2.  Install your version of Microsoft Office on the new PC.

3.  Activate the new installation.  If activation fails via the internet, then select the alternative option to "activate by phone".

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:37 PM

All replies

• 1.  Uninstall your version of Microsoft Office from the old PC.

3.  Activate the new installation.  If activation fails via the internet, then select the alternative option to "activate by phone".

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:37 PM
  • I have a similar problem, however my old laptop is currently being repaired at the manufacturers for 2 weeks and I have loaned a laptop from a friend. I need to install my 2007 Office Pro on the new laptop only for the period that my old one is being repaired. Problem is that the old laptop is not with me AND after the repair period I intend to use my old laptop back.

Is it possible to validate MS Office on the new laptop and after two weeks, re-validate it on my old one (of course I will remove the Office software on the new laptop)? Please advise ASAP.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 12:00 PM
  • "1.  Uninstall your version of Microsoft Office from the old PC.

3.  Activate the new installation.  If activation fails via the internet, then select the alternative option to "activate by phone"."

will that work with office 2003 as well?  and also, i've dismantled and sold a computer (wiped the hdd too) with office installed on it.  is there any way to get that license back?  is there a way to see how many licenses you have remaining?

Sunday, January 27, 2008 6:36 AM