CRM 2011 Customer Portal Import Error RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried to import the CRM 2011 Customer Portal Technical Preview but it doesn't seem to be compatible with the most recent version of CRM 2011 RTM available (v5.0.9688.583).

I'm trying to import and I get the error below. The organisation I've created is brand new without any other customistations made or imported. Does the Customer Portal have pre-requisites prior to importing?

The solution of MicrosoftXrmCustomerPortal failed. The following components are missing in your system and are not included in the solution. Import the managed solutions that contain these components (System) and then try importing this solution again.

Display Name | Name/Id | Type | Managed Soultion | Required by

User | systemuser | Entity | System | adx_systemuser_contact
    User | systemuser | Entity | System | msa_eventsession_speakers_internal
    User | systemuser | Entity | System | msa_eventsessiontimes_speakers_internal
    User | systemuser | Entity | System | msa_purchased_from

Friday, February 25, 2011 11:56 AM

Answers

• Can you please send the log file to palakk microsoft.com? You can get the log file by clicking "Download Log" when the import fails.

Thanks
    - Palak

• Marked as answer by shane.lilly Monday, February 28, 2011 9:16 AM
    Friday, February 25, 2011 6:20 PM

All replies

• Can you please send the log file to palakk microsoft.com? You can get the log file by clicking "Download Log" when the import fails.

Thanks
    - Palak

• Marked as answer by shane.lilly Monday, February 28, 2011 9:16 AM
    Friday, February 25, 2011 6:20 PM
  • Hi Palak,

Thanks for getting back to me, I've come in this morning and attempted to import the portal customization again to send you on the log and it's mysteriously working. The import process just threw up a warning prior to the import to say that the import package was built on a different version of CRM (package version: 5.0.9688.53; system version: 5.0.9688.583) and it will attempt to resolve any differences.

I'll make the post as answered.

Shane

Monday, February 28, 2011 9:16 AM
  • Hi Shane,

Just to add to your comment that the same thing happened to me. One day I tried several times to impot the solution with no luck and the next day all worked well.

Abby

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 9:36 PM
  • Reboot your CRM Server and Try Again!  That worked for me.

M Surmanian

C3SD Inc.

Thursday, March 3, 2011 4:49 AM