none
My gallery contribution was downloaded 10,000 times. RRS feed

Answers

• I assume you mean this gallery contribution:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/SerialPort-Sample-in-VBNET-fb040fb2

which has 10,057 downloads. It takes at least a few days for these achievements to show up in our profiles.

I find that the download totals in my profile are always behind the numbers I see when I add up the downloads for each individual contribution. However, the numbers keep increasing. I believe achievements are the same, as if a process only runs periodically to update our profiles.

Do you know when your gallery contribution got to 10,000?

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• Marked as answer by Ellen Ramcke Friday, August 23, 2013 10:00 AM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:42 PM
  • I compared the downloads for my gallery contributions to the number in my profile, and as usual the total in my profile seems to be about 2 weeks behind. Several others have complained about this. 10,000 downloads is a major achievement and you should be proud. If it doesn't show up in your profile in another week, we need to escalate this. In the meantime, I will move this thread to the "MSDN and TechNet Profile and Recognition System Discussions" forum, which is more appropriate.

Friday, August 23, 2013 12:44 AM

All replies

• I assume you mean this gallery contribution:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/SerialPort-Sample-in-VBNET-fb040fb2

which has 10,057 downloads. It takes at least a few days for these achievements to show up in our profiles.

I find that the download totals in my profile are always behind the numbers I see when I add up the downloads for each individual contribution. However, the numbers keep increasing. I believe achievements are the same, as if a process only runs periodically to update our profiles.

Do you know when your gallery contribution got to 10,000?

Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:42 PM
  • I compared the downloads for my gallery contributions to the number in my profile, and as usual the total in my profile seems to be about 2 weeks behind. Several others have complained about this. 10,000 downloads is a major achievement and you should be proud. If it doesn't show up in your profile in another week, we need to escalate this. In the meantime, I will move this thread to the "MSDN and TechNet Profile and Recognition System Discussions" forum, which is more appropriate.

Friday, August 23, 2013 12:44 AM