Response ContentType "application/msword" not working in "Microsoft Edge" !!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to generate Word document file on the client side from HTTP Response Output stream in "Edge", but the browser always closes without leaving errors . My code run perfect for "Internet Explorer". Kindly help me on this.

here is my code:

With Response
                .Clear()
                .ContentType = "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document"
                .AddHeader("Content-disposition", "attachment;filename=" & mstrFilePathName)
                .BinaryWrite(memStrem.ToArray())
                .Flush()
                .Close()
                .End()
            End With

Note: the path inside mstrFilePathName is fine, as I said it runs well in IE!

Friday, May 17, 2019 6:55 PM

All replies

• Does it work in chrome?   Does the filename contain a path?  (ie only file name for example mydoc.docx)
    Saturday, May 18, 2019 1:55 PM
  • Hi Super Javi,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, what is the version of your Edge?

You could post a new thread in Internet Explorer Web Development forum with Edge version information.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=iewebdevelopment&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 20, 2019 8:40 AM