Security Essentials vs Windows Defender PROBLEM ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have MS Security Essentials (up to date) and Windows Defender (turned off).  A previous post said all one needs is MS Security Essentials to be protected from Spyware and Malware.  However, I just got got infected with Malware which took out some of my favorite programs, i.e., MS Office.  I found this out when MS Security Essentials ran it's daily "full scan".  Why did this happen ?  and  Not Stop this Malware from infecting my computer ?

I have Vista Sp2.............Thanks in advance for the help  (Hope this the right place to ask for help)

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum focuses on Perfmon and diagnostic tools. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks.

Bruce Adamczak

Bruce Adamczak Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you
    Friday, May 27, 2011 1:04 PM
  • I'd ask on the Virus and Malware forum on Microsoft Answers.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Monday, October 1, 2012 3:58 PM