All installed Certificates are broken; cannot update Windows or validate Genuine Advantage RRS feed

• Question

• This is a bit complicated and I've been working on it for a while (really, really don't want to reset the installation). 

Shortly after recovering from a BSOD, I noticed my computer was working strangely. These are the symptoms:

-Cannot update Windows.

-Cannot install Windows software, including the Windows Update Readiness Tool and .NET 4.

-Windows claims it is "not genuine." Attempting to resolve the issue with the Windows Activation Update gives an error during installation: 0x800B0100. This is the same error I get when I tried to update.

-Viewing the certificate for these programs claims that "No signature was present in the subject."

-Cannot load general information on any certificate (using the Certificate Manager). Trying gives the error "An internal error occurred when processing this certificate." The certificate path is also blank. Some details are still available.

I have a bunch of logs, but I figure I'll save them until I get to the right forum.
    • Edited by A Viescas Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:25 AM
    Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:22 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'd ask them over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by A Viescas Saturday, August 18, 2012 4:39 AM
    Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:49 AM
  • Thanks, will do.
    Saturday, August 18, 2012 4:40 AM
  • You're welcome.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:17 PM