none
Weird page rendering RRS feed

Answers

• Hello,

Hmm I'm not sure why but this post renders differently than rest of the posts.

The problem starts further up, probably here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/csharpgeneral/thread/005ae8ef-79bb-4845-8671-151295b21412#62bd0db9-d3db-4493-94c6-4de356cd3b82

E.g. probably there is some unclosed HTML fragment pasted in there which that poster or another moderator will have to fix.

You may be able to use  IE Developer Tools (F12) to inspect it on that basis to find a more specific suggestion on how to repair it...

Try this.   F12, Ctrl-b.   Then click on the first word that is outside the box.   Then switch back to the HTML source and see that you are in a list item (li tag).  Above it see that that is in an unordered list (ul tag).  So probably all we need to do is close that ul tag...   So, click on the Edit button and try to find that ul tag...   Wow.  I hadn't realized there were so many unordered lists composing these forum pages.   I need to find a more specific search...  or a better way of finding that particular context...  Back to the Ctrl-b Find and click on Visual again.  Now View Source DOM Element (Ctrl+T) finds we are inside this particular unordered list:  <ul class="message">  and going back into Edit Source again and searching with that finds that there is only one of those...  Hmm... I don't think that's it either.   More likely proof that the source editor is just as confused as I am.   Oh.  Back in the Source again after yet another Ctrl-b Find with my search for  ul   now highlighted it is now clearer what is wrong and how to fix it.   I was wrong about an unclosed fragment being pasted.  It was an unopened fragment which is closing an already opened list.   So all I need to do is either insert another open or delete the extraneous close, then click Refresh...  I did the first but all it fixed was that part of the symptom, so the real problem is somewhere else.

Since this was essentially an exercise in "the blind leading the blind" I am leaving in all my false starts.   The particular part of the problem that you found will be another instance of a missing tag or missing closing tag somewhere in the source.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by Eyal Solnik Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:20 AM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:09 PM
  • This should be fixed.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Proposed as answer by Brent SerbusEditor Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:17 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:09 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello,

Hmm I'm not sure why but this post renders differently than rest of the posts.

The problem starts further up, probably here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/csharpgeneral/thread/005ae8ef-79bb-4845-8671-151295b21412#62bd0db9-d3db-4493-94c6-4de356cd3b82

E.g. probably there is some unclosed HTML fragment pasted in there which that poster or another moderator will have to fix.

You may be able to use  IE Developer Tools (F12) to inspect it on that basis to find a more specific suggestion on how to repair it...

Try this.   F12, Ctrl-b.   Then click on the first word that is outside the box.   Then switch back to the HTML source and see that you are in a list item (li tag).  Above it see that that is in an unordered list (ul tag).  So probably all we need to do is close that ul tag...   So, click on the Edit button and try to find that ul tag...   Wow.  I hadn't realized there were so many unordered lists composing these forum pages.   I need to find a more specific search...  or a better way of finding that particular context...  Back to the Ctrl-b Find and click on Visual again.  Now View Source DOM Element (Ctrl+T) finds we are inside this particular unordered list:  <ul class="message">  and going back into Edit Source again and searching with that finds that there is only one of those...  Hmm... I don't think that's it either.   More likely proof that the source editor is just as confused as I am.   Oh.  Back in the Source again after yet another Ctrl-b Find with my search for  ul   now highlighted it is now clearer what is wrong and how to fix it.   I was wrong about an unclosed fragment being pasted.  It was an unopened fragment which is closing an already opened list.   So all I need to do is either insert another open or delete the extraneous close, then click Refresh...  I did the first but all it fixed was that part of the symptom, so the real problem is somewhere else.

Since this was essentially an exercise in "the blind leading the blind" I am leaving in all my false starts.   The particular part of the problem that you found will be another instance of a missing tag or missing closing tag somewhere in the source.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:09 PM
  • This should be fixed.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Proposed as answer by Brent SerbusEditor Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:17 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:09 PM
    Answerer
  • This should be fixed.

Confirmed.   Was there only the change that I proposed?   I wonder why IE wouldn't fix the rest for me?...

Oh.  You used the alternate fix--removing the list?   I should have tried that too I suppose.

Robert
    ---

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:32 PM
  • Thanks guys. :)
    Eyal (http://shilony.net), Regards.
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:19 AM