Annoying Balloon popups that no one can turn off in the settings RRS feed

• Question

•  

The subject line pretty much reflects my problem.  If I choose to say, 'turn off automatic updates' must I suffer an annoying nag screen in the form of a balloon popup that cannot be turned off?  I do not like automatic updates, and much prefer to check for updates on my end.  Onecare needs a feature that allows the user to turn off the nag screens.  And it doesn't exist.  Please give the user this option.  Another feature I would like to see is a menu option that allows the user to check their subsciption status.  This also does not exist in the program.  I had to dig and sort for about 45 minutes before I finally figured out the correct hoops to jump through to get this information. 

Sunday, January 20, 2008 4:17 PM

Answers

• In the newest version of OneCare it tells you the subscription status, if you wish to check it you can, sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with email address that you have installed with and it will show your subscription.

Sunday, January 20, 2008 4:32 PM
  • Automatic Updates must be configured to download and install automatically in order for OneCare to be green/good status. You can delay the installation to a scheduled time, but you cannot change it to notify or turn it off.

-steve

Monday, January 21, 2008 2:17 AM

All replies

• In the newest version of OneCare it tells you the subscription status, if you wish to check it you can, sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with email address that you have installed with and it will show your subscription.

Sunday, January 20, 2008 4:32 PM
  • Automatic Updates must be configured to download and install automatically in order for OneCare to be green/good status. You can delay the installation to a scheduled time, but you cannot change it to notify or turn it off.

-steve

Monday, January 21, 2008 2:17 AM
  • Right and the average user would have to take who knows how long to figure what should be a simple menu item feature, but unfortunately is not. 

Monday, January 21, 2008 3:36 AM