Utter failure of Live Oncecare renewal and login to account RRS feed

• Question

• So I find a week ago that my recent renewal for one of two Onecare subscriptions has failed to renew because I canceled the credit card due to possible identify theft.  When I discovered this after several months of not being to update the AV signature files on two machines, I revisited my account and changed the credit card and renewed.  MS reported success, I thought.

Now several days later, Oncecare is reporting that my subscription has expired and will not DL any signatures.  Onecare will not even accept my account user name and PW, informing no such acccount exists!  I can't even get to support through that portal.

This is only the most recent screwup of a dozen or so in the past two years with Onecare.  My patience is near an end and I want some quick resolution of this issue.

END

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 4:41 PM

Answers

• Sorry to read of the problems you've encountered. Is it possible that you are trying to log in at the Billing site with a wrong LiveID? Open OneCare and click Help/About to see the subscription LiveID. If it is the one that you are using to try to get to the account information, then the best I can do is tell you to contact customer service or simply abandon this account, and reinstall OneCare, activating a new subscription with a credit card or a retail key. On the reinstall, you'll have 15 days in trial mode before you need to activate.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:15 PM

All replies

• Sorry to read of the problems you've encountered. Is it possible that you are trying to log in at the Billing site with a wrong LiveID? Open OneCare and click Help/About to see the subscription LiveID. If it is the one that you are using to try to get to the account information, then the best I can do is tell you to contact customer service or simply abandon this account, and reinstall OneCare, activating a new subscription with a credit card or a retail key. On the reinstall, you'll have 15 days in trial mode before you need to activate.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:15 PM
  •  

I've been trying to get a second PC subscribed and make it part of the circle .. I know that I might have to wait a few days for the synchronization to take place .. but its been way over a week now and it still says that the ID isn't tied to an active subscription when subscribing a second PC.

Yes .. the Live ID is the same

Yes .. using the right password

Yes .. Checked the license

Yes .. it works perfectly on the hub PC

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:46 PM
  • Hi, Martin. When you have an active subscription and you install and activate on another PC, it is immediately part of the Circle when it is activated. If you can't activate on the second PC with the confirmed subscription LiveID and both copies of OneCare are production - meaning neither are beta copies (Perpetual or expired 2.5 beta) - then you need to contact support. Note that any beta copies are tied to a different back end environment than copies installed from a retail CD or via http://onecare.live.com

-steve

Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:00 PM
  • I have to say that getting support for the beta version is like pulling teeth.  If normal people would get the same support like I've been getting over the past few days then there would be no way on earth I can recommend this product to anyone  (to be honest). 

I've had calls being disconnected .. and everyone keeps referring me back to the help page build into the product.  I'm dogfooding a MS product .. at least give me some courtesy help .. thats all I'm asking for. For now .. unless things change .. I'm going to recommend other solutions.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 9:56 PM
  • Martin, as I suspected, you are in the wrong place if you have an issue with the beta.

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=372863&SiteID=2

Please go to the private newsgroup accessible via Connect.

Secondly, you are not dogfooding anything as OneCare is currently a released product with no active beta.

Yes, getting help is sometimes pretty tough - for paying customers, too, unfortunately.

Getting back to your problem. If you downloaded the first copy of OneCare from Connect, and the second copy from http://onecare.live.com, your second copy will not activate with the same LiveID as you don't have a retail subscription. The back end environments are different.

-steve

Friday, August 15, 2008 1:14 PM