Sign in Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, I'm running a windows 10 laptop and I've just downloaded Microsoft money plus, with the file in my documents folder.

Basically it asks you to sign into your live account and when I put my email and password in, it just pops up a message saying the email or password is incorrect. but I know it's right cause I tried it in the live website.... Any Idea how to fix this issue?
    Friday, February 26, 2016 2:50 PM

All replies

• A couple of questions to understand your situation.

- did you successfully install Money Plus from the downloaded file?

- Do you have a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money Plus or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money Plus?

- Did you have a previous installation of Money and are now trying to open the Money.mny file created by that version?

- Are you in the US?

Bill Becker

Friday, February 26, 2016 6:13 PM
  • yep, successfully installed.
    yes I have that folder
    and no I didn't have a previous version.
    and I'm in the UK :)
    thank you
    Saturday, February 27, 2016 4:10 PM
  • A couple of things:

- Just to be sure, please verify that you did not have an existing Money.mny file that you are trying to open with Money Plus

- Since you are in the UK, you may want to use the Money 2005 UK version.  Money Plus Sunset is a US version and is structured to support US tax laws.

- That being said, you should still be able to use a US version without needing a Live ID or password.  One thing to try is to navigate to your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money Plus folder and select the Sample.mny file.  Double click on it an see if it will open.

Bill Becker

Saturday, February 27, 2016 4:25 PM
  • Money Plus Sunset is a US regional version. Your Windows Live ID is for the UK. This is why you see the message about incorrect Live ID details.

You can use Sunset (or Money 2005 UK - see the second post in this forum) with a simple password to protect your data file. This would avoid any region checks.

Saturday, February 27, 2016 4:27 PM