none
Submitting Jobs from IIS cgi scripts. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to find the best way to submit jobs from a cgi script (perl) running on IIS.
    Currently I find I can only do this by encoding   "/user"  "/password" in the script (not a satisfactory solution).

I notice that if you do a "job submit" from the command line, you are given the option to save the password for future use.
    So one option would be to try to force the inbuilt account IIS_ISURS to have a fixed password, login to it, and then try and force it to save the password for job submission.(Assuming you could do this, I could see no option for forcing a password change on this account).

Can anyone help me with the best solution to this problem?
    Thanks
    Simon Michnowicz
    Monday, September 1, 2008 5:04 AM

Answers

• We allow you to cache a password which will be used to submit jobs (this is the option that you pointed out).  You can set the credentials to be used when submitting jobs by running the "cluscfg setcreds" command.  From that point on all job submission from that account that don't specify /user will use the credentials that you provided.  So my advice is to run that and set your credentials, then run your script without /user specified in the script.

Thanks,
    Josh

-Josh
    Monday, September 8, 2008 5:43 PM