Demo Data RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to install Management Reporter.  According to the training manuals, I should see a Management Reporter Setup window where under Advanced Customization I can select to install demo data.  I don't see that window.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Kathy 

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Kathy,

The Management Reporter for Dynamics ERP Training Manuals have not been released yet. You may be following the manuals for Management Reporter when it was a component of PerformancePoint Server.

You will need to connect to Dynamics GP 2010 data or wait for the Trainer Pack to be released in the next 2 months where demo data is prepopulated.

Thanks

Thursday, May 27, 2010 1:38 PM
  • Hi Ryan,

That is news. I thought we are working with the same MR so long.

I had the same question as Kathy and spent a lot of time trying to research why the demo data option was not showing up.

So is the MR for Performance Point Server being phased out? Where can we download it if it is still available.

Microsoft should specify that those training manuals are meant for the PP server version and not the current beta. It would save a lot of time for us not going through them, gosh i spent time going through elearning, training material pdf etc..

Regards,

Raja S L N

Sunday, June 13, 2010 10:19 PM
  • Hi Raja,

Sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately that is one of the issues when we share a product name even after making changes. A lot of the concepts in the PPS manuals are similar but specific formatting and features will be different.

Management Reporter for PPS (MR v1) will be continued to be supported for the lifecycle of PerformancePoint Server. You can continue to download that from MSDN.

Thanks

Ryan

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 2:58 PM