OCS 2007 EE consolidated setup and SQL connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I plan to deploy an EE with all roles on one server . I have already experience with SE and just want to gain some with EE as well. As far as I have read the docs, this all-roles-on-one machine number should work. Also I have an SQL 2000 SP4 german version running here. Can I use this as a database server or must I install an english version?

Thanks,

Heiko

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 8:14 AM

Answers

• Hello Heiko,

You cannot install all the roles on one box. The Edge Server needs to be in your DMZ, same with your Director, etc.

What roles were you thinking of putting on one box?

Monday, April 30, 2007 10:04 PM
  • Hi. Ok, I wasn´t precise enough. With all roles I meant Front End, Web Conferencing, Web Components and Data MCU. I already found out, that this setup works. The german SQL machine could also be used. Thanks anyway.
    Heiko
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 8:00 PM

All replies

• Hello Heiko,

You cannot install all the roles on one box. The Edge Server needs to be in your DMZ, same with your Director, etc.

What roles were you thinking of putting on one box?

Monday, April 30, 2007 10:04 PM
  • Hi. Ok, I wasn´t precise enough. With all roles I meant Front End, Web Conferencing, Web Components and Data MCU. I already found out, that this setup works. The german SQL machine could also be used. Thanks anyway.
    Heiko
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 8:00 PM