Microsoft xp Product Key RRS feed

• Question

• Good day.

I recently picked up a virus while using Microsoft Essentials Antivirus.  I took my laptop in to be fixed and when it was returned i emediatly tryed to update my windows with the windows update tool. it then told me that my copy of windows was not genuine.  i phoned the guys from the shop and they told me that they installed for me trying to use the product key (wich is situated on the sticker at the bottom of my laptop) but it did not work.

How do i get it to work again. the laptop came with windows preinstalled so there was no disc with it. 

Waiting....

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:52 AM

Answers

• "Shaun du Plessis" wrote in message news:112fae58-10ed-4286-8e8a-bdcf4bcd9ed9...

Good day.

I recently picked up a virus while using Microsoft Essentials Antivirus.  I took my laptop in to be fixed and when it was returned i emediatly tryed to update my windows with the windows update tool. it then told me that my copy of windows was not genuine.  i phoned the guys from the shop and they told me that they installed for me trying to use the product key (wich is situated on the sticker at the bottom of my laptop) but it did not work.

How do i get it to work again. the laptop came with windows preinstalled so there was no disc with it.

Waiting....

This sounds like they installed a pirate copy of XP – probably a Volume-licensed Pro.
    Please run an MGADiag report.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:09 AM
  • Assuming the same version of Windows XP was installed as you have a genuine product key for, try using the Windows XP Product Key Update Tool.
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:52 PM

All replies

• "Shaun du Plessis" wrote in message news:112fae58-10ed-4286-8e8a-bdcf4bcd9ed9...

Good day.

Waiting....

This sounds like they installed a pirate copy of XP – probably a Volume-licensed Pro.
    Please run an MGADiag report.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:09 AM
  • Assuming the same version of Windows XP was installed as you have a genuine product key for, try using the Windows XP Product Key Update Tool.
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:52 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Friday, October 21, 2011 9:21 PM