WLOC 2.0 Firewall and Home Network in Windows RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

It Previous version of wloc there was not a big impact on networking and Network Devices.

In Wloc 2.0 how ever I'm seeing alot more going on here 2 xbox 360 network icons representing Media Extender and the Media connector features where up till now there was only one Icon for both. In fact if I fire up windows firewall I only see one icon representing the Xbox360

This also goes for my printers I have a every day shared printer and a not shared dvd printer but wloc 2.0 shared them both any how My one printer a scanner too and that showed up as well when before never did. I think there's alot of un nessary things going on and then you add the Circle connection. It really slows the connection down too.

To make this all work right you all most need a100gigabit connection which no US cable or DSL Provider will never go.

Monday, July 30, 2007 12:45 PM

All replies

• I think the added icons in the network are not really going to consume more network resources - they are simply sonfusing. Hopefully, the developers will address this before release.

-steve

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:09 AM
  • These icons are not added by OneCare. OneCare firewall used to block the functionality provided by the devices in 1.5 which was frustrating to our customers. In 2.0, once we know that this network is your home/work network, we relax restrictions. The icons you are seeing are result of built-in functionality which is not broken any more because of firewall.

If you wish you could block this functionality by "UI>Change Settings>Firewall Tab>Configure Firewall" and turn off the rules that you do not wish to allow.

Thanks

Neeraj

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:19 AM
  • Thanks for the clarification, Neeraj. I was responding to the extra icons that appear for Sharing, but realize now that the media extender icons are indeed Windows functionality.

-steve

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:49 PM