windows validation RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Vista Business for the last few months with no problems. I tried to download a windows help file and was asked to validate. I have tried all of the different ways suggested on the help site but nothing works. I do not get an error message at all. For some reason it won't download the required Active X control. Please help.

Thursday, August 2, 2007 2:28 AM

Answers

• When I try to download the winhlp32.exe file I am asked to validate. This is what happens

1. Validation required, so I click on the Continue button and a page appears that says if the ActiveX Control command is not displayed use alternate method, which I will now do.

2. A page appears with - Run the validation tool, which will give you a code to enter in step 2. After clicking on the Contiue button a page appears that says "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage". Still no luck so now I will go to the FAQ page.

3. Now I click on validate winows which brings up a page that says "genuine validation required", so I click on the continue button, which brings up the page which says "if you don't see the ActiveX use alternate method, so I click on alternate method which brings up a page with validate now, so I click on that, which brings up a file download which it says to click on run, which I do, but after waiting for 10 minutes nothing happens, so back to FAQ page.

4. I then find my way to the Diagnostic Site and start diagnostics and  I get what is below. After clicking on the resolve button below, it brings up the same page with "if you can't see ----- then try again, which I do, but it just keeps bring up the same thong again.  Pleeease help

Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Results

Passed Active scripting allowed
    Passed Display images enabled
    Passed Computer time and date correct
    Passed ActiveX enabled
    Failed Windows validation ActiveX loaded
    Failed Office validation ActiveX loaded
    Failed Validation Self-help ActiveX loaded
    Your computer is not properly configured to run the Microsoft validation process. Click Resolve Now to continue.
    Friday, August 3, 2007 4:45 AM

All replies

•  

Please post the results of the WGA diagnostics tool (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012) with any new question. 

Please also post the error code you get (if any) when you validate by clicking "Validate Windows" here: www.microsoft.com/genuine

The error code will be gray and in brackets at the end of the message on the page that says validation failed.  (It'll look something like this:  [0xC004C000]).

Thank you!

Thursday, August 2, 2007 9:25 PM
  • When I try to download the winhlp32.exe file I am asked to validate. This is what happens

1. Validation required, so I click on the Continue button and a page appears that says if the ActiveX Control command is not displayed use alternate method, which I will now do.

2. A page appears with - Run the validation tool, which will give you a code to enter in step 2. After clicking on the Contiue button a page appears that says "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage". Still no luck so now I will go to the FAQ page.

3. Now I click on validate winows which brings up a page that says "genuine validation required", so I click on the continue button, which brings up the page which says "if you don't see the ActiveX use alternate method, so I click on alternate method which brings up a page with validate now, so I click on that, which brings up a file download which it says to click on run, which I do, but after waiting for 10 minutes nothing happens, so back to FAQ page.

4. I then find my way to the Diagnostic Site and start diagnostics and  I get what is below. After clicking on the resolve button below, it brings up the same page with "if you can't see ----- then try again, which I do, but it just keeps bring up the same thong again.  Pleeease help

Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Results

Passed Active scripting allowed
    Passed Display images enabled
    Passed Computer time and date correct
    Passed ActiveX enabled
    Failed Windows validation ActiveX loaded
    Failed Office validation ActiveX loaded
    Failed Validation Self-help ActiveX loaded
    Your computer is not properly configured to run the Microsoft validation process. Click Resolve Now to continue.
    Friday, August 3, 2007 4:45 AM
  • I am having the exact same problrm with an HP preloaded Vista Ultimate machine.

Any ansers out there???

Monday, December 24, 2007 8:03 PM
  • I have the exact same problem.  Why can't someone help resolve this issue? 

Monday, January 14, 2008 4:16 PM
  • No one can tell us, Including Microsoft
    For some reason they avoid this problem even there are thousands that beg for help for this problem
    Aslong as you buy their product with your good erned money but after that is who cares  
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 10:01 AM