Troubleshooting: Windows 8 activation problem after reset. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have pre-installed windows 8 on my laptop. recently i had to reset it to factory settings, but there was some problem so I had to reset again. Now that the windows 8 is re installed, it is asking for new product key for activation.

I have the OEM product ID, and i have retrieved my windows product ID (key) from BIOS. Now when I enter Windows key in new activation field, it does not validate it.

Kindly help me in resolving this validation issue.

Thanks!

• Moved by Youjun Tang Wednesday, August 5, 2015 3:13 AM more related to the suggested forum
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Aiza,

For an OEM version activation issue, it is recommended to ask for help from the device manufacturer. They have more resources to help you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, August 5, 2015 4:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, September 4, 2015 9:56 PM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 2:39 AM
  • Hi Aiza Hashmi,

This forum is to disscuss Windows Forms, As your issue is related to Win8, I suggest you posting your issue to Win8 forum for help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?category=w8itpro

BTW, Your issue is about OEM, I suggest you asking the product vendor for help.

Regards,
    Youjun Tang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 3:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Aiza,

For an OEM version activation issue, it is recommended to ask for help from the device manufacturer. They have more resources to help you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 2:39 AM
  • Hi Aiza Hashmi,

This forum is to disscuss Windows Forms, As your issue is related to Win8, I suggest you posting your issue to Win8 forum for help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?category=w8itpro

BTW, Your issue is about OEM, I suggest you asking the product vendor for help.

Regards,
    Youjun Tang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 3:12 AM