Free Training - Microsoft Virtual Academy RRS feed

• General discussion

• The Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) is a free cloud-based learning environment focusing on Microsoft Technologies (Although the site states that it focuses on cloud-based technologies, I have found content in some countries not specific to the cloud).

The concept behind the MVA is similar to that of a “Virtual University”; students select a course(s) to study and then do a self-assessment exam to gauge how well they’ve understood the study material. Students also accrue points for material studied and courses completed which are used to promote them through a recognition system (Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum Level) and provide them with a comparison on how they rank against other students in their country and around the world.

More information about the MVA can be found in the FAQ.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Friday, May 25, 2012 3:38 AM

All replies

• Absolutely MVA is a wonderful resource..I have learned so many courses from that site...

Sivamanikanta. P

Friday, June 8, 2012 2:20 AM
  • We have an excellent lab resources providing by microsoft. Those are virtual labs. We can use those labs to practice the sessions on different technologies..

for that, visit the link..

htttp://www.technet.microsoft.com

In that click on learn-->virtual labs

Sivamanikanta. P

• Edited by Mr. Wharty Friday, June 8, 2012 2:54 AM Fix URL
    Friday, June 8, 2012 2:31 AM
  • Hi Sivamani,

Thanks for sharing the valuable information regarding virtual labs...

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:24 PM
  • This is great information!

I am trying to move into a more sustainable field.. while I have my Masters in IS and PM am interested in other things. Sharepoint for one, obtaining Scrum Master certification, and then my PMP.. please dont ask why I dont have it its a long story.. But thanks for the info.

Friday, June 15, 2012 3:50 PM
  • MVA is really good source of getting quick information on Microsoft Technologies.

I wish such information packets were available for other technologies as well.

Vishal Soni

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:27 AM
  • MVA is a very good resource. It helped me a lot while writing Azure certification.
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:04 AM
  • Thanks Microsoft and its employees a lot for preparing such informative resource for us.

Great!

SQL Server, SQL Server 2012 Denali and T-SQL Tutorials

Monday, July 23, 2012 6:25 AM
  • Thank you so much, i just register today and hope this will be a very helpful source to career development.
    Friday, July 27, 2012 7:09 AM
  • can anyone share me the link to register MVA?

thanks

Friday, July 27, 2012 12:40 PM

thanks

Friday, July 27, 2012 12:40 PM

thanks

MVA uses Windows Live Messenger therefore al,l you need to do is login using the same account you used to post your question.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:04 AM
  • I just wanted to say that MVA is a great resource and learning tool, are there plans to add more and more new technology overviews in future?

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 1:48 PM
  • Hey Abdul,

Did you find any link to get registered with MVA ?

Regards,

Zohaib Ahmed

ZOHAIB AHMED

Thursday, August 2, 2012 6:18 AM
  • All the basic training should also be included, but there are only few of it that i could get in MVA. Is there some other place where all kind of basic training available?

Friday, August 3, 2012 11:33 AM
  • All the basic training should also be included, but there are only few of it that i could get in MVA. Is there some other place where all kind of basic training available?

Have a look at Microsoft eLearning http://learning.microsoft.com/Manager/Default.aspx

Jeff Wharton

Friday, August 3, 2012 11:35 AM
  • Thanks..

this seems to be useful...

Friday, August 3, 2012 1:10 PM
  • Very useful!!! Thanks alot..

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 7:07 PM
  • Is there any course for Visual studio coded UI and frame work for the coded ui

Narender Kumar A

Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:41 PM