none
Having sudden validation problems? Call 866-530-6364 to get a new product key RRS feed

• Question

• If you are suddenly having validation problems with a previously good copy of Windows 7, call 866-530-6364 to get a new product key
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 4:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• soxgone, you need to amend your message.  By no means are all validation issues due to the MS Store issue.  Be specific about the source of the error as the MS Store online purchases.   Other sources are not at issue.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 4:10 PM
    Answerer
  • Right.  IF you purchased your copy of Windows 7 from the Microsoft Store AND you are suddenly being told that your copy is not genuine, THEN call 866-530-6364 for a new Product Key.
    There does appear to be a problem with the database of Product Keys issued by the Microsoft Store and the solution is to call 866-530-6364 or a new key.

This advice MAY apply to other situations where a valid, genuine copy of Windows 7 is suddenly reporting that it is not genuine.  However, as Cbarnhorst mentioned, there are other sources of validation errors that cannot be resolved this way.

Sunday, September 4, 2011 4:34 PM
  • Worked for the issue I was having. Thank you for being specific on what number to call. Better than the generic call microsoft.
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 4:51 PM
  • Thank you Soxgone.
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 5:45 PM
    Answerer
  • Spaceabax,

I do not have the issue myself (at least not yet, but I also have an online-purchased copy) so I was waiting for someone to post back with more info about what was going on and what to do about it.  This one is a mess. 

Now we have William the Willy-Nilly mass posting useless replies.  Great! 

Sunday, September 4, 2011 5:48 PM
    Answerer
  • I just wanted to update this thread.

There appears to have been an issue with the Product key Activation/Validation servers that only effected a subset of Digitally Distributed Product keys.

This issue has been corrected and user that were affected by this should no longer be seeing a Non-Genuine/Key Blocked error.

If you do still see this error please try the following:

1) Reboot and then re-try Activating and/or Validating.

2) If you still see the issue, please contact Microsoft Assisted Support (at one of the below URLs)

North America: http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_genadv_master?ws=support&ws=support#tab4

Outside North America:
    http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support#tab0

Thank you,

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:38 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:38 PM