Why is my Application Log filling up with .Net 2.0 errors? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Fujitsu WHS box. I bought it shortly before Xmas and it's been running OK, though the console is a bit slow.

Today, I went to install DeltaCopy so I could rsync files to the shared folders. As I was logged into the real Administrator desktop via RDP, I took a look at the log files and found it to be full of the following errors.

EventType clr20r3, P1 whsintegrator.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 471dd6d5, P4 whsappconsole, P5 1.0.0.0, P6 471dd6d5, P7 1, P8 289, P9 system.notimplementedexception, P10 NIL.

The Application Log goes back to 21st Jan and the error appears every couple of minutes, so it wasn;t installing DeltaCopy that did it. No other software has been installed: it's a vanilla WHS.

A search on google indicates this is a .Net 2.0 issue. The system says it has .Net 2.0 SP1 installed

I thought I would run Windows Update to see if there was an update for this. On visiting update.windows.com I got a  security alert from IE as it didn't have update.windows.com in its list of trusted sites. Does this mean update hasn't been running? once I added update.windows.com and ran Windows Update there were several big updates to be applied.

Any ideas on what is causing this?
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Gareth,
    whsintegrator.exe belongs to the TwonkeyVision Media Server, which is delivered as a special application from Fujitsu.
    Get the latest version of the PVConnect Media Server from the Fujitsu website and install it on your Scaleo or remove the Add-In.
    (Especially if you have only 512 MB RAM I would recommend the later method, this will also improve the performance.) 
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Gareth,
    whsintegrator.exe belongs to the TwonkeyVision Media Server, which is delivered as a special application from Fujitsu.
    Get the latest version of the PVConnect Media Server from the Fujitsu website and install it on your Scaleo or remove the Add-In.
    (Especially if you have only 512 MB RAM I would recommend the later method, this will also improve the performance.) 
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:57 PM
  • I'll do the latter as I don't use it.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:12 PM