OUTLOOK 2000 Crash REVISED AGAIN RRS feed

• Question

• I have run OUTLOOK for a number of years with office 2000, no problems. I upgraded my office to 2007 but this did not include OUTLOOK so I ran OUTLOOK 2000 alongside office 2007, no problems. I had to do a re-boot and install all my stuff again, now OUTLOOK keeps crashing saying office 2000 has a problem and needs to close, could anyone please advise.
    Thank you
    MrSoft I have found out more:
    Windows XP
    Hi, my OUTLOOK 2000 (9.0.0.2711) crashes every so often, I have found some updates which come in the form of downloads, I have placed all these on my desktop. When I try to install them it just says it can not.
    Office 2000 SR-1 is the first one, it says when it fails, "Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 did not complete successfully, See the log File Office 2000 SR-1 Set Up (0004).txt?
    On the Microsoft download page it says, "Microsoft recommends that you use the Office Update tool on this site to install updates" but I can not find it.
    Can anyone please help.
    Thank you.
    • Edited by mrsoft Friday, July 24, 2009 10:00 AM
    • Moved by sudarshans1 Friday, July 31, 2009 6:08 AM Not related to Social Bookmarks Discussion Forum (From:Social Bookmarks Discussion Forum)
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:13 AM

Answers

• I have run OUTLOOK for a number of years with office 2000, no problems. I upgraded my office to 2007 but this did not include OUTLOOK so I ran OUTLOOK 2000 alongside office 2007, no problems. I had to do a re-boot and install all my stuff again, now OUTLOOK keeps crashing saying office 2000 has a problem and needs to close, could anyone please advise.
    Thank you
    MrSoft I have found out more:
    Windows XP
    Hi, my OUTLOOK 2000 (9.0.0.2711) crashes every so often, I have found some updates which come in the form of downloads, I have placed all these on my desktop. When I try to install them it just says it can not.
    Office 2000 SR-1 is the first one, it says when it fails, "Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 did not complete successfully, See the log File Office 2000 SR-1 Set Up (0004).txt?
    On the Microsoft download page it says, "Microsoft recommends that you use the Office Update tool on this site to install updates" but I can not find it.
    Can anyone please help.
    Thank you.
    it would appear MSO 2000 SR-1 is not now supported by MS, so once we found the SR-! file on the net and downloaded it, all the other updates went in as per normal, thank goodness, BYE MrSoft

MrSoft
    • Marked as answer by mrsoft Friday, July 24, 2009 11:02 PM
    Friday, July 24, 2009 11:02 PM