none
Incorrect details in my MSDN profile RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• We (the community) have found that when the TechNet Wiki site has performance problems, we may get timeout errors. Most of the time our action (publishing a new article or editing an article) completes, but we get an error. When this happens, metadata often does not get updated, or our profile does not get updated (the activity added to our recent activity page and our statistics do not get updated). Most of the time, XAML Guy's weekly crawl seems to pick up the activity, so there is a chance that eventually our statistics could be updated. However, in most cases it never happens. I myself also created a new article recently and my count of new articles never got updated.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 5:48 PM
  • In other words, there are many bugs in regards to TechNet Wiki and unfortunately you got hit by one of them.

But you gave me an idea - how about adding TechNet Guru competition winner (or multi-winner) as part of the profile? And also, how about adding it as a an achievement medal?

Sounds like a good idea, what do the forums' owners think?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, November 22, 2013 9:21 PM
  • What I have also noticed is points related to my articles are counted/given to other user.

While start writing the article I gave a draft title something like “A complex post” and written few lines to the article. Meanwhile another user comment in the article as “nice topic for wiki article”. Later I have updated the article with more information, changed the title, which went on to get a Technical-Guru medal.

When I realized that my MSDN-porfile is not updated with the article, I check the activities of the user who first commented in my draft article, he receives the points related to my article but under the title “A complex post”. There are two issues here:

1. Points related to my article are given to another user who commented in its initial version.
    2. Points to other user are comes as “The article A complex post on the TechNet Wiki has achieved its 15 minutes of fame. Congratulations”. This activity doesn’t use the updated title but still uses the title which I used while starting the article.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Saturday, November 23, 2013 3:24 PM
  • I suggest to email both issues to tnwiki at microsoft dot com.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, November 24, 2013 2:24 PM
  • I emailed about the issue to tnwiki a month ago, but I yet to receive any response from them.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Sunday, November 24, 2013 6:12 PM
  • But you gave me an idea - how about adding TechNet Guru competition winner (or multi-winner) as part of the profile? And also, how about adding it as a an achievement medal?

Sounds like a good idea, what do the forums' owners think?

My blog

My TechNet articles

I don't know about the owners, but *I* think it's a great idea :)

I did not even know I had won an award in October till mid December, when I stumbled upon the award page....

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog:http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book:Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:51 PM
  • I emailed about the issue to tnwiki a month ago, but I yet to receive any response from them.

This is a known issue. But I'll submit another bug request to check on it.

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Saturday, February 1, 2014 12:03 AM
    Owner
  • Okay, I submitted a bug request. Thanks!

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Saturday, February 1, 2014 12:35 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Ed,

Thanks for looking in to this issue and for submitting the bug request.

Cheers

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Saturday, February 1, 2014 8:13 PM