Adding PC Problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I've been trying to add my other PC to my OneCare account and it keeps saying my live ID isn't associated with a subscription, but it's the same ID I used on my other 2 PCs.  I tried the Remove Machine Tool which failed and kicked out this log:

EXCEPTION: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8A120193): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8A120193
       at Microsoft.WinSS.Support.NativeMethods.winssMpcManagerRemoveMachine(Guid machineId)
       at Microsoft.WinSS.Support.MainControl.backgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks,

- Patrick

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:13 AM

Answers

• pmellin,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare program forums.

Try doing the following:

Please stop and restart the winss service.

Start > Run > Command Prompt >  type cmd

at the command prompt, type:

1. net stop winss, (you should receive a message saying that OneCare has been successfully stopped)

2. net start winss  (you should receive a message saying that OneCare has been successfully started)

Try to remove the pc from OneCare once more. Did it remove the machine from the OneCare circle?

Otherwise, please contact OneCare support:

Start by clicking here:

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2_5_client&queryType=keyword&query=rehto+rehtO&sid=012c8547-106a-41f8-9a49-231660b153fd_20373032&mkt=en-us 

1 .     Click Contact support in the middle of the webpage

2 .     Click Contact Support  in the bottom right corner of the webpage

3 .     Click Get support

4 .     Select the Billing Support or Technical Support Bubble

5.     Answer the questions appropriately, you will be guided to an agent if you have a paid subscription or email support if you have a trial version.

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum.

Lori MS
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 5:55 PM