Windows Home Server Power Pack 3 Release RRS feed

• Question

• Everything I have read says PP3 will come through auto update. So far it has not come through, when should I expect it?
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:51 PM

Answers

• If you installed the beta of Power Pack 3, you will need to uninstall it, then use automatic updates to download the final release of PP3. You'll find complete instructions in this post on the Windows Home Server team blog. If you installed a beta for an earlier power pack, you'll need to uninstall that and allow automatic updates to bring your server up to date.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 7:04 PM

All replies

• If you installed the beta of Power Pack 3, you will need to uninstall it, then use automatic updates to download the final release of PP3. You'll find complete instructions in this post on the Windows Home Server team blog. If you installed a beta for an earlier power pack, you'll need to uninstall that and allow automatic updates to bring your server up to date.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 7:04 PM
  • I'm having the same issue...I do not have the beta of any Power Pack, but Windows Update keeps telling me there are no updates. I've been waiting since last year...
    Alex
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 10:59 PM
  • I'm having the same issue...I do not have the beta of any Power Pack, but Windows Update keeps telling me there are no updates. I've been waiting since last year...
    Alex
    What are the component numbers in your Console (Settings button, Resources tab)?
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:39 AM
  • Just to be clear where are you seeing that you do not have PP3?  If you go to settings->Resources it will show you the Power Pack Version.  If you go to System Properties you will see Windows Home Server Service Pack 2.

Do you have Windows Search 4.0 installed - I think Windows Search 3.0 can block Power Pack 3 installing.

--
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:57 AM