none
VB6 tree view control (comctl32.ocx) does not load in Windows Server 2012 R2 machine RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing issue in loading a tree view control (comctl32.ocx) in "Windows Server 2012 R2" machine. Here Treeview style used is "tvwpictureText".

When I googled for a solution. I have found the solution saying: if you disable the service "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service". the control will load.

The treeview control(comctl32.ocx) is not loading properly when service is enabled.

if I disabled this service and restart the machine then the treeview control (comctl32.ocx) is loading properly.

If I use mscomctl.ocx, treeview is loading properly irrespective of service enabled/disable in Windows Server 2012 R2 machine. But I cant use mscomctl.ocx for development because all projects are built with comctl32.ocx.

Here I want to know why this service is causing the problem to load treeview control of comctl32.ocx.  Is there any alternative for this issue?

Monday, April 22, 2019 4:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, your issue is more related about VB6. And this forum is discussing and asking questions about the vb.net.
    Ask in the following forum.

http://www.vbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Visual-Basic-6-and-Earlier

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 22, 2019 5:09 AM