none
MCPD Exam Duration and No of Questions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Please could someone help me? What I would like to know is how much time do you get for each exam and how many questions are on each exam.

I have been looking for the details to the following MCPD exams:

• Exam 70-562 - .NET Framework 3.5 ASP.NET Application Development
  • Exam 70-561 - .NET Framework 3.5 ADO.NET Application Development
  • Exam 70-505 - .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Forms Application Development
  • Exam 70-503 - .NET Framework 3.5, WCF Application Development
  • Exam 70-565 - Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

Microsoft does not seem to have this exam information anywhere on there website any more.

Thanks

ink

• I Rock!!!
Thursday, July 22, 2010 8:04 AM

Answers

• To find out the time taken by the exam, you can register for the exam on the Prometric web site and see how much time you are allocated. You can cancel the registration process before you complete it. Typically, you will find out that you get somewhere around 3 or 4 hours, but some of that time is dedicated to the initial acceptance of the conditions and the period for entering comments at the end, so the actual time available for answering questions is less than the total exam time.

As to the number of questions in the exam, we are not allowed to tell. When you take the exam you have to accept an NDA that prevents you from revealing anything about the contents of the exam, so anyone that takes the exam cannot legally tell you the number of questions.

• Marked as answer by Ian K Friday, July 30, 2010 12:11 PM
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 8:54 PM

All replies

• To find out the time taken by the exam, you can register for the exam on the Prometric web site and see how much time you are allocated. You can cancel the registration process before you complete it. Typically, you will find out that you get somewhere around 3 or 4 hours, but some of that time is dedicated to the initial acceptance of the conditions and the period for entering comments at the end, so the actual time available for answering questions is less than the total exam time.

As to the number of questions in the exam, we are not allowed to tell. When you take the exam you have to accept an NDA that prevents you from revealing anything about the contents of the exam, so anyone that takes the exam cannot legally tell you the number of questions.

• Marked as answer by Ian K Friday, July 30, 2010 12:11 PM
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 8:54 PM
  • Thanks for letting me know Alberto.

I Rock!!!
    Friday, July 30, 2010 12:11 PM