locked
OCS 2007 R2 Forest Preparation problem RRS feed

  • Question

    • That error appears when trying to repair forest in my production network,I faced the same in my Test Environment and it solved by running the CSVDE command which is written below.
      that problem is confusing me ,Please advice
      I need to know the difference .
      i forced replication many times and waiting for hours ,double check account permissions  , verified replication of schema partion after preparing it and it was successful .
      I’m installing OCS2007R2 on win2008 in 2003 domain controller with SP1 and its domain and forest functional level is Win 2003 server.
      As I said before I did it in my TE and it was easy.

      Failure
      [0xC3EC78CA] At least one built-in display specifier object could not be found. Please make sure all display specifier objects were created successfully during DcPromo process by checking log files (%Windir%\Debug\Dcpromohelp.log and %Windir%\Debug\Csv.log).

      After runing DCPHELP.exe
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0000 opening log file C:\WINDOWS\debug\dcpromohelp.log
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0001 C:\WINDOWS\system32\dcphelp.exe
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0002 file timestamp 03/24/2005 17:58:58.000
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0003 local time 05/13/2009 20:15:13.109
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0004 running Windows NT 5.2 build 3790 Service Pack 1 (BuildLab:3790.srv03_sp1_rtm.050324-1447) i386
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0005 logging flags 0001003C
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0006 Enter main
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0007   Enter DoIt
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0008     Enter IsDSRunning
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0009       Enter MyDsRoleGetPrimaryDomainInformation
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 000A         Enter MyDsRoleGetPrimaryDomainInformationHelper
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 000B           Calling DsRoleGetPrimaryDomainInformation
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 000C           lpServer  : (null)
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 000D           InfoLevel : 0x1 (DsRolePrimaryDomainInfoBasic)
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 000E           HRESULT = 0x00000000
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 000F         MachineRole      : 0x5
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0010         Flags            : 0x1000001
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0011         DomainNameFlat   : UGDCO
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0012         DomainNameDns    : UGDCO.Local
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0013         DomainForestName : UGDCO.Local
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0014       DS is running
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0015     Enter TemplateGetObject LDAP://RootDse
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0016     DC=UGDCO,DC=Local
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0017     Enter StartCsvde DC=UGDCO,DC=Local
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0018       Calling CreateProcess
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 0019       C:\WINDOWS\system32\csvde.exe
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 001A        -i -f C:\WINDOWS\system32\mui\dispspec\dcpromo.csv -c DOMAINPLACEHOLDER DC=UGDCO,DC=Local -j C:\WINDOWS\debug
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 001B       Enter FS::GetPathSyntax C:\WINDOWS\system32\csvde.exe
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 001C       HRESULT = 0x00000000
      dcpromohelp 1454.1150 001D closing log

      &
      Connecting to "(null)"
      Logging in as current user using SSPI
      Importing directory from file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mui\dispspec\dcpromo.csv"
      Loading entries
      2: CN=401,CN=DisplaySpecifiers,CN=Configuration,DC=UGDCO,DC=Local
      Attribute 0) cn: 401
      Attribute 1) showInAdvancedViewOnly: TRUE
      Attribute 2) instanceType: 4
      Attribute 3) distinguishedName: CN=401,CN=DisplaySpecifiers,CN=Configuration,DC=UGDCO,DC=Local
      Attribute 4) objectCategory: CN=Container,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=UGDCO,DC=Local
      Attribute 5) objectClass: container
      Attribute 6) name: 401

    Add error on line 2: Already Exists
    The server side error is "An attempt was made to add an object to the directory with a name that is already in use."
    0 entries modified successfully.
    An error has occurred in the program

    and then i run the below command
    csvde -i -f %windir%\system32\mui\dispspec\dcpromo.csv -c DOMAINPLACEHOLDER domain DN -j %windir%\debug -k

    the CSV.log file changed to
    Connecting to "(null)"
    Logging in as current user using SSPI
    Importing directory from file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mui\dispspec\dcpromo.csv"
    Loading entries
    2: CN=401,CN=DisplaySpecifiers,CN=Configuration,dc=caidc01,dc=ugdco,dc=local
    Attribute 0) cn: 401
    Attribute 1) showInAdvancedViewOnly: TRUE
    Attribute 2) instanceType: 4
    Attribute 3) distinguishedName: CN=401,CN=DisplaySpecifiers,CN=Configuration,dc=caidc01,dc=ugdco,dc=local
    Attribute 4) objectCategory: CN=Container,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,dc=caidc01,dc=ugdco,dc=local
    Attribute 5) objectClass: container
    Attribute 6) name: 401

    Add error on line 2: No Such Object
    The server side error is "Directory object not found."
    0 entries modified successfully.
    An error has occurred in the program

    Thursday, May 14, 2009 6:24 AM

Answers

  • I was replacing “domain DN” with “dc=caidc01,dc=ugdco,dc=local” in the below command

    csvde -i -f %windir%\system32\mui\dispspec\dcpromo.csv -c DOMAINPLACEHOLDER domain DN -j %windir%\debug –k

    it was my mistake and I should type “dc=ugdco,dc=local” as my domain name is "ugdco.local" and the domain controller is "caidc01"

    the first time I made it correct but I don`t know what happened to my eyes this time.

    It is a punishment from God.

    Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:58 AM