vail user rights RRS feed

• General discussion

• I don't know if this has been discussed or even noticed, but I have ran into an issue.  I recently went to a party and took a bunch of pictures that I wanted to share with the people who were there.  I setup a new user and found that in order to use the "media" so they can play a slide show they could also play my music and videos. Even though I specified in their user rights the did not have access to those folders.

It appears that even though you deny access to the folders they are still playable thru the medai selection under remote access. I would be nice if the users access rights carried over.  Which at this point it does not appear to do.

Monday, June 14, 2010 3:09 AM

All replies

• I don't know if this has been discussed or even noticed, but I have ran into an issue.  I recently went to a party and took a bunch of pictures that I wanted to share with the people who were there.  I setup a new user and found that in order to use the "media" so they can play a slide show they could also play my music and videos. Even though I specified in their user rights the did not have access to those folders.

It appears that even though you deny access to the folders they are still playable thru the medai selection under remote access. I would be nice if the users access rights carried over.  Which at this point it does not appear to do.

Yes, that is correct.  Media Streaming settings takes precedence over individual user's permissions.  If you would like to see that changed, you should file a suggestion on Connect (or vote for another one that is undoubtedly already there  :)  ).
    Monday, June 14, 2010 3:48 AM