Register Trail installation RRS feed

• Question

• I installed a 30 day trial and love it, now I want to buy the registration key but have no idea where to get it.  If I buy one from the store it will be a different install ( I am sure) and the key will not work.  So where do I go to buy a key for the trial version so I can keep all my settings and setup.  I have this just the way I want it.  My trial ends tomorrow and need an answer quickly.

Thanks for any and all help.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:44 PM

Answers

• I installed a 30 day trial and love it, now I want to buy the registration key but have no idea where to get it.  If I buy one from the store it will be a different install ( I am sure) and the key will not work.  So where do I go to buy a key for the trial version so I can keep all my settings and setup.

You don't.  You need to purchase an OEM license and do a Server Reinstallation (which wipes the OS partition, but keeps the data in tact), then use the key that came with the OEM license to activate it.

I have this just the way I want it.  My trial ends tomorrow and need an answer quickly.

Thursday, December 31, 2009 2:59 AM

All replies

• I installed a 30 day trial and love it, now I want to buy the registration key but have no idea where to get it.  If I buy one from the store it will be a different install ( I am sure) and the key will not work.  So where do I go to buy a key for the trial version so I can keep all my settings and setup.

You don't.  You need to purchase an OEM license and do a Server Reinstallation (which wipes the OS partition, but keeps the data in tact), then use the key that came with the OEM license to activate it.

I have this just the way I want it.  My trial ends tomorrow and need an answer quickly.

Thursday, December 31, 2009 2:59 AM
  • Well that blows, but if I must I must.  Thanks for you help on this.
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 12:53 PM