Console doesn't fully display within itself RRS feed

• Question

• I have a desktop that runs on dual monitors (using an nVidia 6800) and a laptop.

If the server has been freshly rebooted and I open the Console from my laptop first, everything is fine.
    When I open the Console on the desktop, it is as if the space displayed is limited to 640x480, so therefore I am missing the Settings and Help options at the top-right, and I don't see the balancing status bar at the bottom.
    Then when I go back to the laptop and open the Console, it looks like the same thing.
    I then have to close the Console and re-open it without logging in and in the Options selecting "Reset the Windows Home Server Console...", then it's back to normal on the laptop.

I have already done multiple server recoveries and, with that process, reinstalled the Connector multiple times.

I understand that the Console is a special RDP session to the server, and I know that by using regular mstsc.exe you can adjust the window size properties.
    Is there a setting somewhere, or even a registry key that tells the Console to connect using a specific size with its special rdp session?
    That's all I can really think be the problem but I don't know where to look for it.

Thanks for the help.
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:57 AM

All replies

• Try another version of the nVidia display driver.
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 7:10 AM