none
How do you START a course for Microsoft E-learning courses? RRS feed

• Question

• Please help, I just signed up for MS Office Access 2007 course and cannot figure out how to start a course?!
    Friday, May 14, 2010 5:25 PM

Answers

• To start a course you need the offline player. Often this is referred to when you download the cousrse which you have signed up for. So browse around in the courseware for a link that refers to the offline player. If you can't find it there go to the learningcenter where you signed up for the course and look for the donload link there.

I assume you are talking about e learning here...

Maurice

Friday, May 14, 2010 10:47 PM

All replies

• To start a course you need the offline player. Often this is referred to when you download the cousrse which you have signed up for. So browse around in the courseware for a link that refers to the offline player. If you can't find it there go to the learningcenter where you signed up for the course and look for the donload link there.

Maurice

Friday, May 14, 2010 10:47 PM

Maurice

Hi,

I have few queries on Microsoft E-Learning Offline Player.

1> I want to offer E-Learning courses through the Microsoft SharePoint Server. Therefore I installed “Microsoft E-Learning Offline Player” on every Client-PC and the E-Learning Courses at disposal on our SharePoint Server. Now every Client can download the course from the SharePoint Portal, so that he gets offered the courses at starting the “Offline Player”, without downloading the courses from every client.

2> Are there any API’s or Code available for the offline player, so that the player can be customization to satisfy the requirement as per our needs mentioned in above point. (Point 1)?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Satish Jadhav

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 6:33 AM
  • Hi,

Any modifications to the off line player are not allowed. Every course is accounted for so i don't think your allowed to deploy the elearning to various client pc's for use with an x-number of students. Officialy you should by a course for every student.

Maurice

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 7:23 AM
  • Hi Maurice,

Thanks for your prompt reply ! 

The objective here is different.

We are basically asking about enterprise agreement Customers who buy e-learning licenses and wish their entire organization to be able to access these from a central point without each employee needing to access the internet. This is a request from a Customer; is there a way to fulfil their need?

Satish J

Friday, September 3, 2010 10:18 AM
  • Hi Satish,

I understand now where you are going. In this case you have to contact the learning portal from Microsoft and ask them what the possibilities are in that area. I think there must be such an option as a volume license agreement.

Take a look here: http://learning.microsoft.com/Manager/BrowseCatalog.aspx?browse=TT at the bottom right you'll see an option to contact the correct person. (It's the button which says [Need help finding the right online training Click here to get answers]. They will be able to assist you further in your quest.

Good luck

Maurice

Friday, September 3, 2010 12:49 PM