Wave 14 Simple Sharepoint Integration Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Today I enable the Spring Wave 14 simple Sharepoint integration CRM online to Sharepoint online from the previous Sharepoint list component integration we were using.  I pointed it to the same Teamsite URL.  Everything appeared to finish properly and successfully.

I then went into the documents area of accounts and the account I see where I can choose the view and it is defaulting to sharepoint document associated view.  Under that I have the option to add a location and under that it says Folder Path Not Configured.

Upon first opening up a new account that doesn't have an associated document folder it presents me with the screen to automatically create the folder which I do. However, even after the folder is created it still contains folder path not configured. This occurs when accessing it both from the Outlook client and directly from the web client

Is there a part of the integration or setup that I am missing to resolve the Folder Path Not Configured message?

Thank you,

Ben

Monday, June 2, 2014 7:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Ben,

We're seeing the exact same message.
    Have you made any progress with this?

Let me know - Thanks - MC

Thursday, June 5, 2014 10:40 AM
  • Hi,

Here I have the same problem. It works when you delete all document libraries from SharePoint and start all over, but I do not consider that a solution.

When it works, the functionality is not the same as the previous client side (IFrame) solution. For instance, there is no pop-up from SharePoint to set the required document properties. Also there is no selection of content type. It is best to evaluate the new solution, and maybe stick to the previous for now.

Regards,
    Erik

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 1:16 PM
  • I have an open ticket with MS on this. I have a scenario whereby we use a custom application to generate document libraries oncreate of a case record (so that A) the user doesn't have to, B) the document location is created in the correct part of the site topology due to security restrictions, and C) so new sites are auto generated when the dreaded 5000 folder limit is approached). The new functionality appears to break this in 2 ways. Firstly, all historically created document locations simply do not get recognised so the user is prompted to create another document location (in an undesirable part of the site topology) and then the document locations that are created POST this feature being activated simply throw an error when clicking the documents tile 'List does not support this operation'.

My advice is until a fix is released for this, stick with the old list part approach and make sure your system administrators ignore the big yellow button inviting them to apply the new SharePoint feature!

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:51 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi there.

I have the same issue on two different tenants. I have a call with MSFT for almost 2 months now. Still no solution.

Did any of you get this to work?

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:00 AM