Had a validation issue Office 2007 called in to support RRS feed

• Question

• They told me license key was invalid. I want to send the name and receipt, cd's etc in but where is the form and what is the address? I have already removed the non genuine version and installed a new purchased version with no issue. 

This link

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/OGAKitInformation.aspx?displaylang=en

says what Microsoft wants

• A Counterfeit Report which helps Microsoft identify the reseller and type of counterfeit software transaction that took place. This information on counterfeit sellers and their illegal practices helps Microsoft work with authorities to enforce anti-piracy policies and laws. The counterfeit report will be treated by Microsoft as confidential. The information that is required on the report is:
    • Was the copy of Office pre-installed?
    • Where was it purchased (Web, street vendor, store, etc)?
    • What was the reseller’s name?
    • Did you receive a CD and a Certificate of Authenticity (COA)?
    • How much did you pay?
    • What was the date of purchase?

But where is the form? What is the address?

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 10:19 PM

Answers

• Hello Work IT Solutions, You're gonna scream when you read this....in order to be taken to the pages where you can fill out the form and generate the report required to participate in the Complimentary Replacement Program, there must be a nongenuine installation of Office on the computer. So ya gotta put the nongenuine Office back onto the computer (well, onto a computer anyway---if you have a spare box that you were going to blow up anyway), then go to www.microsoftcom/genuine, then click on Validate Office. When Office fails validation you will be presented with the web pages that will walk you thru the reporting process.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, November 11, 2010 9:22 PM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 10:46 PM