Is this a real windows 7 or not!! RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• I think you are right you need to report it http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/content.aspx?displaylang=en&pg=counterfeit because I have the same disc and nothing is peeling off
    • Proposed as answer by bertmace26 Friday, April 16, 2010 8:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, April 16, 2010 11:07 PM
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:13 AM
  • Hello Taiman,

In my opition, that disk is Non-genuine.

The Certificate of Authenticity doesn't have the "Made In" or the 'Distribution in" lines. The Blue and Green lines are supposed to be made up of micro-printed words but I am unable to see the words in the picuture. Overall looks washed out like it was photo copied.

In the picture, the front of the box appears to be plain cardbord.  It should be clear plastic with the cardboard  (that has the graphics on it) behind.

You didn't show a picture of the back side of the DVD, but in the center ring of the DVD, right around the hole (on the back side of the DVD) there should be a hologram.  The 'How to Tell site describes it:

"This detailed 360 degree hologram, located on the inner mirror band of the back (data side) of the DVD, contains the words "Microsoft" and "GENUINE" and changes color as the DVD is tilted. Each half of the hologram mirrors the other. The hologram is not a sticker, but is embedded in the center ring of the DVD."

However the biggest tip off is the film you peeled off. As the 'How to Tell' site states:

"The copper holographic material is embedded within the DVD. It is not a sticker. The face of the DVD is surrounded by a wavy edge."

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Friday, April 16, 2010 11:06 PM