HELP! I need help with my windows vista home basic acer aspire one netbook Windows License! RRS feed

• Question

• I need help! FAST!
    I am having my net-book worked on and the guy might have to have my hard drive wiped,
    and i lost my activation sticker a few months ago! because it peeled off! what do i do?? and since it is a net-book, it has no optical drive and came with no "Backup" of windows!   
    Please help!
    ACER ASPIRE ONE A0751H NETBOOK WITH WIN VISTA HOME BASIC

<Crowbard287>
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 6:16 PM

Answers

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:56 PM
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 7:00 PM
  • Hello Crowbard287,

"it has no optical drive and came with no "Backup" of windows!"

Yes it did, all computers that come with windows pre-installed are required to have some way for the user to reinstall windows.  In the old days, the manufacturer would include a seperate disk with the recovery software. Now days, most manufacturers include the recovery software on a partition on the computer's hard drive.

Please review the documentation that came with your computer (or contact the manufacturer) for information regarding the location of the recovery software, that came with your computer and/or how to use it.

Thank you,
    Darin MS  
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:01 PM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:01 PM

All replies

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:56 PM
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 7:00 PM
  • Hello Crowbard287,

"it has no optical drive and came with no "Backup" of windows!"

Yes it did, all computers that come with windows pre-installed are required to have some way for the user to reinstall windows.  In the old days, the manufacturer would include a seperate disk with the recovery software. Now days, most manufacturers include the recovery software on a partition on the computer's hard drive.

Please review the documentation that came with your computer (or contact the manufacturer) for information regarding the location of the recovery software, that came with your computer and/or how to use it.

Thank you,
    Darin MS  
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:01 PM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:01 PM