Import Organization Error/Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to import a CRM organization. I have CRM 4.0 installed and have rollup 14 applied. The SQL Server is 2008 and is running on the same machine as CRM.

The CRM is from a different domain. I have created the users in the CRM in the new domain and created a mapping file. I have both the domain administrator and a second user set up as Deployment Administrators. I get the same error using either user.

The import appears to have worked based on the GUI but when I look at the log I see this at the bottom.

11:28:04|   Info| PublishReportsFromDatabase: Creating report in Reporting Services.  ReportId: {a6315f35-7799-de11-8d5f-00155d023207}, Name: User Summary
    11:28:06|   Info| Applying database updates to the organization...
    11:28:42|   Info| Updating BuildVersion.Revision for all Organization Databases
    11:28:43|Warning| Attempting to cancel a long running process: ProgressWizard. This might leave the data in an invalid state and the application might not function correctly.
    11:28:43|   Info| Organization (ETICRM) imported.

I have tried a number of things based on articles I've found here and other places on the net but so far nothing has helped.

I created the time out registry entries as per this article but received the same error: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918609

The whole process is taking about 20 minutes.

The system is running Server 2008 64-bit. It has 2GB ram and SQL is limited to 1GB. There is 90GB free disk space. The CRM database is about 2GB.

I've set both the administrator and the other user as Full Control on the domain in the active dircectory users and computers.

Both users are also sysadmin on the sql server.

both users are set as content manager and System Administrator in SQL Reporting services

When I attempt to log into CRM after the import I get error: "Invalid User Authorization" the user authentication passed to the platform is invalid.

Any help would be great.

TIA,

Rick

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:49 PM

All replies

• Did you follow the steps given in the below article?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952934

Cheers, Edwin
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:26 AM
  • Hi Edwin,

Yes, I did follow those steps. That is why I ended up applying rollup 14. It included the hotfix listed on that page.

Thanks,

Rick

Thursday, December 16, 2010 4:02 PM
  • Did you get this solved ?? We are getting the same issue. Minor difference is that our DB is about 830GB :)

21:26:07|   Info| Applying database updates to the organization...
    21:26:15|   Info| Updating BuildVersion.Revision for all Organization Databases
    21:26:15|Warning| Attempting to cancel a long running process: ProgressWizard. This might leave the data in an invalid state and the application might not function correctly.
    21:26:15|   Info| Organization (OrganizatioName) imported.

I don't understand - has my organization imported correctly or it hasn't ?

I can access it and the customization, workflows etc seem to be there, but why is it spitting out this warning then ??

Thanks

Martin

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:26 AM
  • Hi Martin,

I was never able to resolve this problem.

I ended up working around the problem by creating the customization in the CRM DB I wanted to use in the one I already had setup.

This allowed me to import the web interface to visual studio and develop my addin.

It would be nice to really be able to import it for testing and development purposes.

Rick

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:48 PM
  • Hey Rick,

thanks for getting back to me. My message was more of desperation than expectation that someone would actually look back at this and reply.

I spoke to MS Support yesterday and it turns out that the import is indeed complete and full, despite the warning message. They couldn't tell me what was causing it, but I made a mistake of telling that we have done a lot of "unsupported opeartion", so they kept saying "it is most probably because of the unsupported operations performed...." headbang.

Thanks for the post!!

Martin

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:53 AM
  • i think its problem with user mappings while importing

are you sure if the users mapped correctly ?

If you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote as Helpful, Propose as Answer, and/or Mark as answer._____________________________________________________Ahmed - CRM APPLICATION MANAGEMENT ______________________ These replies/answers are my own and doesn’t relate to any company or organization.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:31 PM
  • Hi Ahmed,

I went over the users very carefully back when I first did tried this.

That was almost 2 years ago so memory can be a bit fuzzy but as I said in the original post I created all of the users in the CRM system in my test domain and created a user mapping file.

Thanks,

Rick

Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:31 AM
  • Hi Rick,

the platform is not able to authenticate the user

so can you go to IIS manager select the crm site and click on authentication

enable asp.net impersonation and windows authentication if you are using active directory.

hope you will be able to login.

If you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote as Helpful, Propose as Answer, and/or Mark as answer._____________________________________________________Ahmed - CRM APPLICATION MANAGEMENT ______________________ These replies/answers are my own and doesn’t relate to any company or organization.

Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:08 PM