Microsoft Sync Service support for PocketPC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

1. Does new release of Sync Service which released with Orcas has support for Mobile device ? If yes, where can I find the download from ? ( Is SQLCE3.5 for mobile device is the one ? I am bit confused with versions of Sync service.

2. Is there any working sample for using Sync Service with windows mobile ? (I am interested in using bluetooth or infrared as transport protocol. As per the discussion in this forum, Sync service supports all this.

3. Currently we are using Microsoft .Net 2005 with .Net framework 2.0 and 3.0. and for compact framework, we are using .NetCF2.0. and not interested in switching to .net 2008 . Is it possible to use Microsoft Sync service with compact framework ?

4. Need samples for sync service for file systems.

Thanks and Regards

Smitha

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 9:34 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, November 26, 2007 12:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Smitha,

1- No, it is only for the desktop. We are still working on the devices version.

2- No

3- yes, Sync Services need .net framework 2.0 and SQL CE 3.5

4- There are samples for file systems. Check out www.msdn.com\sync for more info.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Smitha,

1- No, it is only for the desktop. We are still working on the devices version.

2- No

3- yes, Sync Services need .net framework 2.0 and SQL CE 3.5

4- There are samples for file systems. Check out www.msdn.com\sync for more info.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:34 AM
  • Thanks Rafik,

In the "Microsoft Sync Framework CTP1" download page (link : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=35e8f16e-aaa4-4919-8b3c-1ce4ea1f6552&displaylang=en ) It is mentioned that 

"Developers can build sync ecosystems that integrate any application, any type of data, using any protocol over any network."

So does it mean that we can use the Sync Framework over bluetooth. ? If yes, is there any working sample or place where I can get the information on how to implement it.

I had used Microsoft Sync framework earlier CTP and was able to use it as N-Tier application over WCF. Now I would like to see if it works even over bluetooth.

Regards

Smitha

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:39 AM