Printer woes RRS feed

• Question

• I am working from a remote location, and can access my office computer with no problem, but I can't seem to find a way to print to a printer attached to the remote computer.  It will print to the printer attached to the office computer, but that's not where I am, so I need to find out how to print to the connected printer at my remote site.  The remote laptop is running Vista Home Premium X64, and the office unit is running Window XP professional.

Need help right away, please.
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 2:12 PM

Answers

• I suspect that you are not using Windows Live OneCare. 

If so, you're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

If you are using Windows Live OneCare, the printer sharing feature only works with computers on your local network. You cannot share a remote printer or print to one.

Whatever method you are using to remotely access the office PC would need to support remote printing. If you are using a VPN solution, it may not be a supported scenario.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 2:21 PM