'Password Incorrect' Not. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Adding a Win7 64 machine to the WHS. It gets through most of the install (asks for the password once and is fine) continues on through joining and configuring. This is where the fun starts, upon reboot of the Win7 laptop it connects to WHS and says the passwords don't match which pops up the screen to resolve them. Here, when entering the WHS password which I am certain is correct, it tells me that it's incorrect. This machine also fails manual backup.

I have tried every fix I have seen on this forum and others, (Time/date, WHStransportservice/DCOM, Ownership/Permissions, etc.)

Have 3 XP machines and 2 other Win7 machines on without problems.  This is nutty. Suggestions other than the obvious ones welcome. Thanks. 

Sunday, April 1, 2012 2:30 AM

Answers

• After connecting, you should be using the password of the W7 User not the Admin password - perhaps the obvious one!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Craig Powers Sunday, April 1, 2012 4:47 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Craig Powers Sunday, April 1, 2012 4:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Craig Powers Sunday, April 1, 2012 4:50 PM
    Sunday, April 1, 2012 3:13 AM

All replies

• After connecting, you should be using the password of the W7 User not the Admin password - perhaps the obvious one!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Craig Powers Sunday, April 1, 2012 4:47 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Craig Powers Sunday, April 1, 2012 4:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Craig Powers Sunday, April 1, 2012 4:50 PM
    Sunday, April 1, 2012 3:13 AM

lmao at my own stupidity. Somehow I had it stuck in my brain that a new machine added to the WHS was independent of the user as it was named differently. Thanks for waking me from my delusion Phil.
    Sunday, April 1, 2012 4:50 PM