Plugin DLL not refreshing under sandbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a DLL that was previously registered to CRM 2011 server. Recently we found a bug and redeploy the DLL using plugin registration but it did not refresh. Bug still there and from PluginRegistration Tool it show me old version number.

I tried restart SandBox service but it is not working as well.

Please help.

Monday, December 12, 2011 10:34 AM

Answers

• sorry that was false alarm.

I didnt click on Load Assembly button...
    And because of that, none of the assemblies updated. I remember that we don't have to click on the button also can direct update the assembly to Database.

• Marked as answer by Henry Tan YH Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:26 AM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:26 AM

All replies

• make sure you are registering this to the database, if not, you need to also replace the assembly on the server manually.  

I many times will completely unregister the assembly and re-register it just to be certain also.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Monday, December 12, 2011 1:58 PM
  • If you previously registered the plugin on the disk, you need to replace the same dll file.

I would recommend registering the plugins to the database to avoid having to remember where you deployed the dll for the plugin.  If you do want to deploy the plugin to disk then put it in Assembly folder in the CRM folder structure.

Ben Hosking
    Check out my CRM Blog
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:55 AM
  • sorry that was false alarm.

I didnt click on Load Assembly button...
    And because of that, none of the assemblies updated. I remember that we don't have to click on the button also can direct update the assembly to Database.

• Marked as answer by Henry Tan YH Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:26 AM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:26 AM