Error code: 0xC004C003 RRS feed

• Question

• I've just done a fresh install of vista from a friends disc as I was hating the really sweet and innocent HP oem version that was hogging my desktop with useless icons and prompt.

After installing this it says my Product key is already in use - I'm guessing I should have deactivated the old version but didn't realise this had to be done.

Any ideas how to reverse this so I can activate the software I have every right to use?

Cheers!!
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 1:49 AM

Answers

• Hossal,

Who is the manufacturer of your computer system or do you have a system that was customer built? 

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager
    Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, October 9, 2008 8:33 PM
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 8:33 PM

All replies

• Since the HP OEM product key for Windows Vista is only valid with HP's original Windows Vista recovery discs, you'll now need to purchase a "full retail" license for the Windows Vista edition you installed using your friend's disc.
    Please note: I am not a Microsoft employee...only a voluntary forum contributor.
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 7:27 PM
  • Hossal,

Who is the manufacturer of your computer system or do you have a system that was customer built? 

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager
    Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, October 9, 2008 8:33 PM
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 8:33 PM
  • realised exactly what the problem was - either I can't read or I've had really sweaty legs and blurred the licience id on the bottom of the laptop cos I had a B down as an 8 what I copied off!!

Shoot me now or when you next get chance!!
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 8:45 PM