locked
"a SQL error occurred" when openning contact window RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello everybody,

    The Product: MS CRM v3.0

    The Problem: when I open the contact details form I receive the following error [SQL error occurred, for more information contact your system administrator]

    Information:

    - The Contact form contains fields related to new/customized attributes, the customization includes Arabic language.

    - When I remove specified fields from form, it opens normally.

    -  Some of the removed fields are [picklist] on type and some are [bit].

    - The error appeared suddenly, no special action was taken before the error appearance.

    - No errors were found in the windows Event Viewer or in SQL error logs.

     

    Sunday, September 12, 2010 10:32 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Enable tracing to find the detailed error. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907490
    MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 10:55 PM
    Moderator
  • That's what I got after running DiagTool, But I couldn't locate the error, Please Help, Thanks.

     

    Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details:

    Server Error in '/' Application.

    Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044150.

    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

    Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044150.

    Source Error:

    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

    Stack Trace:

    [COMException (0x80044150): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044150.]
      Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMContactClass.Retrieve(CUserAuth& Caller, String ContactId, String ColumnSet) +0
      Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Contact.InternalRetrieve(String id, String columnSet) +36
      Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Entity.Retrieve(String columnSet) +126
      Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId eventId) +210
      Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity entity) +56
      Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity, String formId, String formType) +83
      Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity) +13
      Microsoft.Crm.Web.SFA.ContactDetailPage.ConfigureForm() +242
      Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +30
      System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62
      System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499
    
    Monday, September 13, 2010 9:42 AM
  • If you enable tracing you will get a much more detailed error in the Trace file.
    MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Monday, September 13, 2010 11:26 AM
    Moderator
  •  

    This is part of the trace log "w3wp-20100912.log"

    else  null  end ,contact.Merged as 'merged','mergedname' =  case contact.Merged when 0 then ? when 1 then ? else  null  end ,contact.MasterId as 'masterid',contact.MasterContactIdName as 'mastercontactidname',contact.MasterContactIdDsc as 'mastercontactiddsc',contact.OwningBusinessUnit as 'owningbusinessunit' from Contact as contact where contact.DeletionStateCode in (0) and (contact.ContactId = ?) Error = 0x80040e14
    [2010-09-13 12:26:30.687] Process:w3wp |Thread:3704 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | InternalCrmSetErrorInfoV File: c:\crmV3RTM\src\platform\include\Util\ICrmError.h Line: 250
    ><description>Generic SQL error.</description><details>The incoming tabular data stream (TDS) remote procedure call (RPC) protocol stream is incorrect. Too many parameters were provided in this RPC request. The maximum is 2100. SQL state - 42000, Native error - 8003</details><file>c:\crmv3rtm\src\platform\include\omcommon\dataaccess.inl</file><line>445</line>
    [2010-09-13 12:26:30.687] Process:w3wp |Thread:3704 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | COLEDataAccess::ExecuteSingletonQuery File: c:\crmv3rtm\src\platform\include\omcommon\dataaccess.inl Line: 655
    >hr = 0x80044150
    [2010-09-13 12:26:30.687] Process:w3wp |Thread:3704 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | COLEDataAccess::ExecuteSingletonQuery File: c:\crmv3rtm\src\platform\include\omcommon\dataaccess.inl Line: 589
    >hr = 0x80044150
    [2010-09-13 12:26:30.687] Process:w3wp |Thread:3704 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | CSecureEntity<class CContactT<class CSecLib>,class CSecLib>::_Retrieve File: c:\crmv3rtm\src\platform\include\omcommon\entity.inl Line: 3051
    >hr = 0x80044150
    [2010-09-13 12:26:30.687] Process:w3wp |Thread:3704 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | CSecureEntity<class CContactT<class CSecLib>,class CSecLib>::Retrieve File: c:\crmv3rtm\src\platform\include\omcommon\entity.inl Line: 3076
    >hr = 0x80044150
    [2010-09-13 12:26:30.687] Process:w3wp |Thread:3704 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Verbose | CCRMContact::Retrieve File: c:\crmv3rtm\src\platform\objectmodel\sfa\crmcontact.cpp Line: 249
    >Exiting Method

    Monday, September 13, 2010 11:56 AM
  • Monday, September 13, 2010 1:09 PM
    Moderator
  • I deployed CRM Rollup 3 , but the error still exist.

    Monday, September 13, 2010 4:39 PM