Streaming Video - REALLY POOR PERFORMANCE RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased an brand new Acer Easystore H340 and immediately installed WHS 2011.  I am not a technologist, but I wanted to have a better solution for managing back up and storing/sharing/consuming media. Everything has been great with one exception – video streaming is PAINFUL/unusable.  I have my video settings set on the lowest quality and the videos (WMV) are still too choppy to run on my connected
    Windows 7 PC and more importantly my Xbox (both over my wired LAN).  I am pulling my hair out here.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

HW Profile:

2GB RAM

Intel Atom 230 1.6Ghz

2TB HD

Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:02 PM

All replies

• I have both H340 and H341 with WHS 2011 installed. I upgraded to 4GB RAM at home with gigabit network and I have no problem with streaming movies or videoclip to 4 windows 7 clients in the house.

Claude

Sunday, February 12, 2012 1:21 AM
  • Claude - thanks for the response.  Did you have issues before you upgraded your ROM and/or your LAN?  I have a fast network at home - I have no issues streaming from any machines on my home group to each or to the xboxes for that matter, but when i hit a video on my server from other PC, Xbox, phone it is tremendously slow and choppy enen on the lowest quality setting.  Thanks.
    Monday, February 20, 2012 8:51 PM
  • You may want to try disabling tcp offload on your NIC, for both IP4 and IP6, others have found this resolved the issue.
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:06 PM