Health Assessment warnings RRS feed

• Question

• Since resolving a few issues that prevented WHS 2011 running as it should, I am now getting constant health assessment warnings on the server.  Alert states that it could only partially assess the health of the computer.

How & by what, is the assessment done? 

If it assess'es the components, surely it should show where it's failing?

Friday, March 4, 2011 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Sirius,

I'm receiving the same alert messages. It is not clear what is causing this. The alerts are handy because they can tell you if any of your PC's need updates applied or if any backups are failing.

TB

Friday, March 4, 2011 2:17 PM
  • The alert system on 2011 is pretty good.  It has alerted me on several occasions that clients require either critical or important Windows Updates before the clients knew themselves.

The health issue though is only for the server & I cannot fathom out what the problem is.  SMART states that all drives are healthy, mobo & cpu/cooler ok, gpu ok.  On the off-chance that it could be ram related, swapped the ram between server & workstation (ram sticks identical in both), still receiving the alerts.

I'm wondering if it is detecting a device driver problem.

Saturday, March 5, 2011 6:55 AM
  • With all the advice & great tips given on other threads, I decided to do a fresh clean install using that advice.  All previous issues did not crop up with the exception of 1.

Health assessment!  It would be nice if Microsoft looks into this & inform us as to what actually is taking place.  Is it a component check?  an O/S check? Device Driver check? Or maybe all 3?

WHS regardless of version uses the alert system to inform us of issues that require resolving.  We cannot do this if there is no pointers as to the issue at hand.

On various other threads, it has been mentioned that Microsoft will (if WHS stays alive that is) rectify issues in the next version.  This is unacceptable!  Especially in the current economic climate to expect home users to purchase a bug riddled software package & to have to pay again for the next (new) version.

Just how dumb does Microsoft think consumers are?

Sunday, March 6, 2011 11:11 AM