none
Novelties on the forums RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I have just discovered the new way of asking a question
    It is great the idea to propose some links related to the question

A small reproach : i posted on SMO/DMO forum, the proposed links were pertinent but for my problem ( a very special question ) there were useless
    For this discussion , i have seen :
    Where is Sql Server 2008 Developer ?
    Additional Cash and Prizesat IMProvCenter.Com
    Sql Server Expression Edition Advanced Services download failure

None related to this topic : i wanted only to tell to the MSDN Team :
    thanks for this novelty which is useful
    the reproach is ( according to me ) a "youthful problem", it seems the indexation is not perfect for the moment but in some months, it will be better...

For me, feedbacks are not only to criticize the work of Alicia Cates or her team, they are also to tell thanks for good ideas

Have a nice day
    Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helped you. Unmark if it provides no help
    Friday, February 27, 2009 10:25 AM

All replies

• Thanks Papy for your feedback.

We use live search to do our background search, so I think over time the relevance will increase for the related answers.

Sam Jarawan Social Platform Forums - Senior Development Lead
    Friday, February 27, 2009 5:42 PM
  • The other thing I wanted to note is that the related answers search is based solely on which site you are one and the title you use for your post. Writing a good relevant thread title should help the results (I'm not saying you didn't have a good thread title, but as you said you had a very specialized question)

Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Friday, February 27, 2009 7:14 PM
  • Hello,

For Sam Jarawan and mattfras :

Thanks for your helpful posts. They confirm what i was thinking about the way the search is made for the proposal of "possible" related threads.

My own threads are always special as they are often very specialized and in fact, i am posting with the thought that one of my 2 "favorite" MSFT posters will be able to answer and so to help me.

Again, Sam and Matt, for your team, you have done a good and useful work.I hope that people will stop to annoy  Alicia Cates for the problem of points and stars. I have had this problem and i am trying to fill my gap for my 4th star ( but it is not a problem for me, i prefer to loose points and to be able to use Forums surer and best formatted : it is more useful )

Have a nice day

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helped you. Unmark if it provides no help
    Friday, February 27, 2009 11:22 PM
  •  For me, feedbacks are not only to criticize the work of Alicia Cates or her team,

I hope that people will stop to annoy  Alicia Cates for the problem of points and stars.

Hi Papy,

Her name is Alicia Cales and she has nothing to do with Telerik selling crappy controls, SQL Server replication remains work in progress and developers writing crappy code with computed columns and no change tracking object oriented code.

On side note Microsoft AJAX is not decomposing the pages so an update takes a long time to be resolved.

MCPD Web C#, MCTS TFS, MCITP BI and DBA
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 2:43 AM
  • Unfortunately, we absolutely need to have some computed columns for performace reasons. For instance, you'd never be able to calculate points from scratch every time you need to display them or someone's medals.
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Monday, March 2, 2009 12:10 AM
  •  The problem is the computed columns are not giving correct calculations because based on the current numbers I have a total of 35 to 40 helpful posts that is mathematically impossible.  So it is providing on the fly calculations and generating plain wrong numbers for some users because I run the numbers on other users and find their helpful count rather generous.

I remember when I was given the same points with a female user who was asking and closing threads with her posts but my activities are not related to that user. That was corrected it is three months and this one is not corrected.  I know my current numbers are wrong, just as I proved threads were moved and not updated.

MCPD Web C#, MCTS TFS, MCITP BI and DBA
    Monday, March 2, 2009 1:45 AM